Human BIRC7(Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 7)ELISA Kit (HUES03448)
- Product Type:
- ELISA Kit
- 96 Assays
- ELISA Type:
- Tested Sample Types:
- Serum, plasma and other biological fluids
|Detection Range:||125.00-8000 pg/mL|
|Sample Volume Required Per Well:||100µL|
|Sample Type:||Serum, plasma and other biological fluids|
|Specificity:||This kit recognizes Human BIRC7 in samples. No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Human BIRC7 and analogues was observed.|
This ELISA kit uses Sandwich-ELISA as the method. The micro ELISA plate provided in this kit has been pre-coated with an antibody specific to Human BIRC7. Standards or samples are added to the appropriate micro ELISA plate wells and combined with the specific antibody. Then a biotinylated detection antibody specific for Human BIRC7 and Avidin-Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP) conjugate are added to each micro plate well successively and incubated. Free components are washed away. The substrate solution is added to each well. Only those wells that contain Human BIRC7, biotinylated detection antibody and Avidin-HRP conjugate will appear blue in color. The enzyme-substrate reaction is terminated by adding Stop Solution and the color turns yellow. The optical density (OD) is measured spectrophotometrically at a wavelength of 450 nm ± 2 nm. The OD value is proportional to the concentration of Human BIRC7. The concentration of Human BIRC7 in samples can be calculated by comparing the OD of the samples to the standard curve.
|UniProt Protein Function:||BIRC7: Apoptotic regulator capable of exerting proapoptotic and anti-apoptotic activities and plays crucial roles in apoptosis, cell proliferation, and cell cycle control. Its anti-apoptotic activity is mediated through the inhibition of CASP3, CASP7 and CASP9, as well as by its E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity. As it is a weak caspase inhibitor, its anti-apoptotic activity is thought to be due to its ability to ubiquitinate DIABLO/SMAC targeting it for degradation thereby promoting cell survival. May contribute to caspase inhibition, by blocking the ability of DIABLO/SMAC to disrupt XIAP/BIRC4-caspase interactions. Protects against apoptosis induced by TNF or by chemical agents such as adriamycin, etoposide or staurosporine. Suppression of apoptosis is mediated by activation of MAPK8/JNK1, and possibly also of MAPK9/JNK2. This activation depends on TAB1 and NR2C2/TAK1. In vitro, inhibits CASP3 and proteolytic activation of pro-CASP9. Isoform 1 blocks staurosporine-induced apoptosis. Isoform 2 blocks etoposide-induced apoptosis. Isoform 2 protects against natural killer (NK) cell killing whereas isoform 1 augments killing. Binds to CASP9. Interaction with DIABLO/SMAC via the BIR domain disrupts binding to CASP9 and apoptotic suppressor activity. Interacts with TAB1. In vitro, interacts with CASP3 and CASP7 via its BIR domain. Isoform 1 and isoform 2 are expressed at very low levels or not detectable in most adult tissues. Detected in adult heart, placenta, lung, lymph node, spleen and ovary, and in several carcinoma cell lines. Isoform 2 is detected in fetal kidney, heart and spleen, and at lower levels in adult brain, skeletal muscle and peripheral blood leukocytes. Belongs to the IAP family. 2 isoforms of the human protein are produced by alternative splicing.|
|UniProt Protein Details:|
Protein type:Apoptosis; EC 6. 3. 2. -; Ligase; Ubiquitin conjugating system; Ubiquitin ligase
Chromosomal Location of Human Ortholog: 20q13. 33
Cellular Component: cytoplasm; Golgi apparatus; nucleus; spindle microtubule
Molecular Function:cysteine protease inhibitor activity; protein binding; ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
Biological Process: negative regulation of apoptosis; protein ubiquitination; regulation of cell proliferation; regulation of signal transduction
|NCBI Summary:||This gene encodes a member of the inhibitor of apoptosis protein (IAP) family, and contains a single copy of a baculovirus IAP repeat (BIR) as well as a RING-type zinc finger domain. The BIR domain is essential for inhibitory activity and interacts with caspases, while the RING finger domain sometimes enhances antiapoptotic activity but does not inhibit apoptosis alone. Elevated levels of the encoded protein may be associated with cancer progression and play a role in chemotherapy sensitivity. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2013]|
|NCBI GenInfo Identifier:||21759008|
|NCBI Gene ID:||79444|
|NCBI Accession:||Q96CA5. 2|
|UniProt Secondary Accession:||Q96CA5,Q9BQV0, Q9H2A8, Q9HAP7,|
|UniProt Related Accession:||Q96CA5|
|Molecular Weight:||30,866 Da|
|NCBI Full Name:||Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 7|
|NCBI Synonym Full Names:||baculoviral IAP repeat containing 7|
|NCBI Official Symbol:||BIRC7|
|NCBI Official Synonym Symbols:||KIAP; LIVIN; MLIAP; RNF50; ML-IAP|
|NCBI Protein Information:||baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 7|
|UniProt Protein Name:||Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 7|
|UniProt Synonym Protein Names:||Kidney inhibitor of apoptosis protein; KIAP|
|Protein Family:||Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein|
|UniProt Gene Name:||BIRC7|
As the OD values of the standard curve may vary according to the conditions of the actual assay performance (e. g. operator, pipetting technique, washing technique or temperature effects), the operator should establish a standard curve for each test. Typical standard curve and data is provided below for reference only.
Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Human BIRC7 were tested 20 times on one plate, respectively.
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Human BIRC7 were tested on 3 different plates, 20 replicates in each plate.
|Intra-assay Precision||Inter-assay Precision|
|C V (%)||6.17||5.85||4.10||6.29||4.10||3.04|
The recovery of Human BIRC7 spiked at three different levels in samples throughout the range of the assay was evaluated in various matrices.
|Sample Type||Range (%)||Average Recovery (%)|
|EDTA plasma (n=5)||86-102||93|
|Cell culture media (n=5)||90-104||97|
Samples were spiked with high concentrations of Human BIRC7 and diluted with Reference Standard & Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the range of the assay.
|Serum (n=5)||EDTA plasma (n=5)||Cell culture media (n=5)|
An unopened kit can be stored at 4°C for 1 month. If the kit is not used within 1 month, store the items separately according to the following conditions once the kit is received.
|Micro ELISA Plate(Dismountable)||8 wells ×12 strips||-20°C, 6 months|
|Reference Standard||2 vials|
|Concentrated Biotinylated Detection Ab (100×)||1 vial, 120 µL|
|Concentrated HRP Conjugate (100×)||1 vial, 120 µL||-20°C(shading light), 6 months|
|Reference Standard & Sample Diluent||1 vial, 20 mL||4°C, 6 months|
|Biotinylated Detection Ab Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|HRP Conjugate Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|Concentrated Wash Buffer (25×)||1 vial, 30 mL|
|Substrate Reagent||1 vial, 10 mL||4°C(shading light)|
|Stop Solution||1 vial, 10 mL||4°C|
|Plate Sealer||5 pieces|
|Product Description||1 copy|
|Certificate of Analysis||1 copy|
- Set standard, test sample and control (zero) wells on the pre-coated plate and record theirpositions. It is recommended to measure each standard and sample in duplicate. Note: addall solutions to the bottom of the plate wells while avoiding contact with the well walls. Ensuresolutions do not foam when adding to the wells.
- Aliquot 100µl of standard solutions into the standard wells.
- Add 100µl of Sample / Standard dilution buffer into the control (zero) well.
- Add 100µl of properly diluted sample (serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and otherbiological fluids) into test sample wells.
- Cover the plate with the sealer provided in the kit and incubate for 90 min at 37°C.
- Aspirate the liquid from each well, do not wash. Immediately add 100µL of BiotinylatedDetection Ab working solution to each well. Cover the plate with a plate seal and gently mix. Incubate for 1 hour at 37°C.
- Aspirate or decant the solution from the plate and add 350µL of wash buffer to each welland incubate for 1-2 minutes at room temperature. Aspirate the solution from each well andclap the plate on absorbent filter paper to dry. Repeat this process 3 times. Note: a microplatewasher can be used in this step and other wash steps.
- Add 100µL of HRP Conjugate working solution to each well. Cover with a plate seal andincubate for 30 min at 37°C.
- Aspirate or decant the solution from each well. Repeat the wash process for five times asconducted in step 7.
- Add 90µL of Substrate Reagent to each well. Cover with a new plate seal and incubate forapproximately 15 min at 37°C. Protect the plate from light. Note: the reaction time can beshortened or extended according to the actual color change, but not by more than 30min.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Note: Adding the stop solution should be done inthe same order as the substrate solution.
- Determine the optical density (OD value) of each well immediately with a microplate readerset at 450 nm.