Human AQP-4 (Aquaporin 4) CLIA Kit
This kit uses Sandwich-CLIA as the method. The micro CLIA plate provided in this kit has been pre-coated with an antibody specific to Human AQP-4 . Standards or samples are added to the appropriate micro CLIA plate wells and combined with the specific antibody. Then a biotinylated detection antibody specific for Human AQP-4 and Avidin-Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP) conjugate are added to each micro plate well successively and incubated. Free components are washed away. The substrate solution is added to each well. Only those wells that contain Human AQP-4, biotinylated detection antibody and Avidin-HRP conjugate will appear fluorescence. The Relative light unit (RLU) value is measured spectrophotometrically by the Chemiluminescence immunoassay analyzer. The RLU value is positively associated with the concentration of Human AQP-4. The concentration of Human AQP-4 in the samples can be calculated by comparing the RLU of the samples to the standard curve.
|Detection range||78.13-5000 pg/mL|
|Sample type||Serum, plasma and other biological fluids|
|Repeatability||CV < 15%|
This kit recognizes Human AQP-4 in samples. No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Human AQP-4 and analogues was observed.
As the RLU values of the standard curve may vary according to the conditions of the actual assay performance (e.g. operator, pipetting technique, washing technique or temperature effects), the operator should establish a standard curve for each test. Typical standard curve and data is provided below for reference only.
Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Human AQP-4 were tested 20 times on one plate, respectively.
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Human AQP-4 were tested on 3 different plates, 20 replicates in each plate.
|Intra-assay Precision||Inter-assay Precision|
|C V (%)||10.54||9.59||9.22||11.26||8.80||9.90|
The recovery of Human AQP-4 spiked at three different levels in samples throughout the range of the assay was evaluated in various matrices.
|Sample Type||Range (%)||Average Recovery (%)|
|EDTA plasma (n=5)||98-117||107|
|Cell culture media (n=5)||87-101||93|
Samples were spiked with high concentrations of Human AQP-4 and diluted with Reference Standard & Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the range of the assay.
|Serum (n=5)||EDTA plasma (n=5)||Cell culture media (n=5)|
Kit Components & Storage
An unopened kit can be stored at 4'C for 1 month. If the kit is not used within 1 month, store the items separately according to the following conditions once the kit is received.
|Micro CLIA Plate(Dismountable)||8 wells X12 strips||-20'C, 6 months|
|Reference Standard||2 vials|
|Concentrated Biotinylated Detection Ab (100X)||1 vial, 120 uL|
|Concentrated HRP Conjugate (100X)||1 vial, 120 uL||-20'C(shading light), 6 months|
|Reference Standard & Sample Diluent||1 vial, 20 mL||4'C, 6 months|
|Biotinylated Detection Ab Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|HRP Conjugate Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|Concentrated Wash Buffer (25X)||1 vial, 30 mL|
|Substrate Reagent A||1 vial, 5 mL||4'C (shading light)|
|Substrate Reagent B||1 vial, 5 mL||4'C (shading light)|
|Plate Sealer||5 pieces|
|Product Description||1 copy|
|Certificate of Analysis||1 copy|
Human AQP-4 (Aquaporin 4) CLIA Kit (HUES00352) Assay procedure
- 1. Set standard, test sample and control (zero) wells on the pre-coated plate and record theirpositions. It is recommended to measure each standard and sample in duplicate. Note: addall solutions to the bottom of the plate wells while avoiding contact with the well walls. Ensuresolutions do not foam when adding to the wells.
- 2. Aliquot 100µl of standard solutions into the standard wells.
- 3. Add 100µl of Sample / Standard dilution buffer into the control (zero) well.
- 4. Add 100µl of properly diluted sample (serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and otherbiological fluids.) into test sample wells.
- 5. Cover the plate with the sealer provided in the kit and incubate for 90 min at 37°C.
- 6. Aspirate the liquid from each well, do not wash. Immediately add 100µL of BiotinylatedDetection Ab working solution to each well. Cover the plate with a plate seal and gently mix.Incubate for 1 hour at 37°C.
- 7. Aspirate or decant the solution from the plate and add 350µL of wash buffer to each welland incubate for 1-2 minutes at room temperature. Aspirate the solution from each well andclap the plate on absorbent filter paper to dry. Repeat this process 3 times. Note: a microplatewasher can be used in this step and other wash steps.
- 8. Add 100µL of HRP Conjugate working solution to each well. Cover with a plate seal andincubate for 30 min at 37°C.
- 9. Aspirate or decant the solution from each well. Repeat the wash process for five times asconducted in step 7.
- 10. Add 100µL of Substrate mixture solution to each well. Cover with a new plate seal andincubate for no more than 5 min at 37°C. Protect the plate from light.
- 11. Determine the RLU value of each well immediately.
Human AQP-4 (Aquaporin 4) CLIA Kit (HUES00352) Protein Information
|UniProt Protein Function:||AQP4: a member of the aquaporin family of intrinsic membrane proteins that function as water-selective channels in the plasma membranes of many cells. The predominant aquaporin found in brain. Two alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described|
|UniProt Protein Details:|
Protein type:Transporter, aquaporin family; Membrane protein, integral; Channel, misc.; Membrane protein, multi-pass; Transporter
Chromosomal Location of Human Ortholog: 18q11.2-q12.1
Cellular Component: basolateral plasma membrane; cytoplasm; external side of plasma membrane; integral to membrane; plasma membrane
Molecular Function:glycerol channel activity; water channel activity; water transporter activity
Biological Process: glycerol transport; multicellular organismal water homeostasis; renal water homeostasis; transmembrane transport; transport; water transport
|NCBI Summary:||This gene encodes a member of the aquaporin family of intrinsic membrane proteins that function as water-selective channels in the plasma membranes of many cells. This protein is the predominant aquaporin found in brain and has an important role in brain water homeostasis. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described for this gene. A recent study provided evidence for translational readthrough in this gene and expression of an additional C-terminally extended isoform via the use of an alternative in-frame translation termination codon. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2015]|
|NCBI GenInfo Identifier:||2506859|
|NCBI Gene ID:||361|
|UniProt Secondary Accession:||P55087,P78564,|
|UniProt Related Accession:||P55087|
|Molecular Weight:||32,300 Da|
|NCBI Full Name:||Aquaporin-4|
|NCBI Synonym Full Names:||aquaporin 4|
|NCBI Official Symbol:||AQP4|
|NCBI Official Synonym Symbols:||MIWC; WCH4|
|NCBI Protein Information:||aquaporin-4|
|UniProt Protein Name:||Aquaporin-4|
|UniProt Synonym Protein Names:||Mercurial-insensitive water channel; MIWC; WCH4|
|UniProt Gene Name:||AQP4|
|UniProt Entry Name:||AQP4_HUMAN|