Phosphate Assay Kit (BA0165)
Phosphate Assay KitAssay Genie's Phosphate Assay Kit is based on a proprietary formulation of the malachite green dye. The reagent forms a blue colored complex with free orthophosphate. The rapid color formation from the reaction can be conveniently measured on a spectrophotometer (600 - 660 nm) or on a plate reader. The non-radioactive colorimetric assay kits have been optimized to offer superior sensitivity and prolonged shelf life. The assay is simple and fast, involving a single addition step for phosphate determination. Assays can be performed in tubes, cuvettes or multi-well plates. The assays can be conveniently executed in 96-well plates for high-throughput screening of enzyme inhibitors.
ApplicationsFor sensitive and high-throughput phosphate determination.
- Reagent very stable. Due to our innovative formulation, no precipitation of reagent occurs. Therefore no filtration of reagent is needed prior to assays, as is often required with other commercial kits.
- High sensitivity and wide detection range: detection of as little of 20 pmoles of phosphate and useful range between 0.4 uM and 50 uM phosphate.
- Fast and convenient: single reagent "mix-and-measure" assay allows quantitation of free phosphate within 30 minutes.
- Compatible with routine laboratory and HTS formats: assays can be performed in tubes, cuvettes or microplates, on spectrophotometers and plate readers.
- Robust and amenable to HTS: Z' factors of 0.7 to 0.9 are observed in 96-well plates. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems
Phosphate Assay Kit Information
|Kit Includes:||Reagent 50 mL, Standard 1 mL 1mM phosphate|
|Method of Detection:||OD620nm (malachite green)|
|Detection Limit:||0.4 uM|
|Samples:||Enzyme reactions with free phosphate releases|
|Protocol Length:||30 min|
|Storage:||The Reagent and standard are stable for 12 months when stored at 4°C.|
|Shelf Life:||12 months|