Cell Viability Assay (Colorimetric/Fluorometric) (BA0002)
- Product type:
- Research Area:
- Cell Health
Frequently bought together:
Cell Viability Assay - Information
Cell Viability Assay (Colorimetric/Fluorometric) reagent has been optimized for maximum sensitivity, reproducibility and long shelf-life. The homogeneous cell-based assay can be performed in multi-well plates. The reagent is compatible with all culture media and with all liquid handling systems for high-throughput screening applications in 96-well and 384-well plates. Applications include cell proliferation, cytotoxicity and apoptosis.
ApplicationsHomogeneous assay for cell viability, proliferation, cytotoxcity and high-throughput screen for anticancer agents.
Cell Viability Assay - Key Features
- Safe. Non-radioactive assay (cf. 3H-thymidine incorporation assay).
- Sensitive and accurate. As low as 100 cells can be accurately quantified.
- Time efficient. High-throughput assay in 96-well and 384-well plates allows simultaneous processing ten of thousands of samples per day.
- Homogeneous and convenient. A single reagent and "mix-incubate-measure" type assay. No wash and reagent transfer steps are involved.
- Robust and amenable to HTS. Z' factors of 0.6 to 0.9 are routinely observed in 96-well and 384-well plates. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems.
Cell Viability - Data Sheet
|Includes||Catalog # Size (assays) Reagent BA0002 5,000 50 mL BA0003 10,000 100 mL BA0004 500 10ml.Control Reagent (Cat # BA0005): 50 mg saponin (to be ordered separately).|
|Method of Detection||FL530/590nm|
|Detection Limit||100 cells|
|Protocol Length||1-5 hrs|
|Storage||The ColorFluor-Blue reagent is light sensitive and should be stored in the provided amber bottle at 4°C. The Control Reagent is stable at -20°C.|
|Shelf Life||12 months|