- Molecular Biology Tools
- Reporter Assays
- Luciferase Assays
- Luciferase Reporter Gene Assay Kit (BA0182)
Luciferase Reporter Gene Assay Kit - Information
The Luciferase Reporter Gene Assay is based on the quantitation of luciferase expression in mammalian, yeast or E. coil cells, using luciferin and ATP as substrates. The reaction results in light production which can be conveniently measured on a luminometer. This bioluminescent reporter gene assay is extremely sensitive and is especially suitable for quantifying luciferase expression in recombinant cells. This ultra-sensitive, homogeneous cell-based assay only requires adding a single reagent to the cells and measuring the light intensity after a short incubation step (2 minutes). Assays can be performed in tubes, cuvettes or multi-well plates. All kit components are compatible with culture media and with all liquid handling systems. With an extended luminescence emission kinetics (half-life 40 min), the LumiDazzle luciferase assays are especially suitable for high-throughput screening in 96-well, 384-well and 1536-well plates. In addition, the reagent provided in the kits has been formulated for maximum sensitivity, reproducibility and long shelf-life. Applications for this kit include gene regulation studies and high-throughput screening of gene modulators.
Bright bioluminescent reagent system for rapid quantitation of luciferase reporter gene expression in transfected cells and high-throughput drug screens.
Luciferase Reporter Gene Assay Kit - Key Features
- High sensitivity and wide detection range: detection of as little of 2 fg luciferase and as few as 4 cells. Plus, the emitted light is linear over seven orders of magnitude.
- Compatible with routine laboratory and HTS formats: assays can be performed in tubes or microplates, on LJL Analyst, Berthold Luminometer, Top-Count, MicroBeta counters, chemiluminescent image plate readers (CLIPR/LeadSeeker). Assay reagents compatible with all liquid handling systems.
- Fast and convenient: homogeneous "mix-and-measure" assay allows detection of luciferase levels within 10 minutes. The optimally combined reagent system allows a single addition step, and simultaneous cell lysis and detection.
- Robust and amenable to HTS: Z' factors of 0.6 to 0.8 are observed in 96-well and 384-well plates. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems.
|Kit Includes||Reagent solid, standard 100ml|
|Method of Detection||Luminescence|
|Detection Limit||2 ug luciferase|
|Protocol Length||2 min|
|Storage||Store the Reagent in the provided amber tube at -20°C and the Assay Buffer at 2-8°C|
|Shelf Life||12 months|