Rat PKCZ (Protein Kinase C Zeta) ELISA Kit (RTES00681)
Rat PKCZ (Protein Kinase C Zeta) ELISA Kit
This ELISA kit uses Sandwich-ELISA as the method. The micro ELISA plate provided in this kit has been pre-coated with an antibody specific to Rat PKCZ . Standards or samples are added to the appropriate micro ELISA plate wells and combined with the specific antibody. Then a biotinylated detection antibody specific for Rat PKCZ and Avidin-Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP) conjugate are added to each micro plate well successively and incubated. Free components are washed away. The substrate solution is added to each well. Only those wells that contain Rat PKCZ, biotinylated detection antibody and Avidin-HRP conjugate will appear blue in color. The enzyme-substrate reaction is terminated by adding Stop Solution and the color turns yellow. The optical density (OD) is measured spectrophotometrically at a wavelength of 450 nm ± 2 nm. The OD value is proportional to the concentration of Rat PKCZ. The concentration of Rat PKCZ in samples can be calculated by comparing the OD of the samples to the standard curve.
|Detection Range||0.16-10 ng/mL|
|Sample Volume Required Per Well||100uL|
|Sample Type||Serum, plasma and other biological fluids|
This kit recognizes Rat PKCZ in samples. No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Rat PKCZ and analogues was observed.
As the OD values of the standard curve may vary according to the conditions of the actual assay performance (e.g. operator, pipetting technique, washing technique or temperature effects), the operator should establish a standard curve for each test. Typical standard curve and data is provided below for reference only.
Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Rat PKCZ were tested 20 times on one plate, respectively.
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Rat PKCZ were tested on 3 different plates, 20 replicates in each plate.
|Intra-assay Precision||Inter-assay Precision|
|C V (%)||6.00||6.00||4.56||7.55||4.35||4.92|
The recovery of Rat PKCZ spiked at three different levels in samples throughout the range of the assay was evaluated in various matrices.
|Sample Type||Range (%)||Average Recovery (%)|
|EDTA plasma (n=5)||84-97||91|
|Cell culture media (n=5)||89-101||94|
Samples were spiked with high concentrations of Rat PKCZ and diluted with Reference Standard & Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the range of the assay.
|Serum (n=5)||EDTA plasma (n=5)||Cell culture media (n=5)|
Kit Components & Storage
An unopened kit can be stored at 4'C for 1 month. If the kit is not used within 1 month, store the items separately according to the following conditions once the kit is received.
|Micro ELISA Plate(Dismountable)||8 wells X12 strips||-20'C, 6 months|
|Reference Standard||2 vials|
|Concentrated Biotinylated Detection Ab (100X)||1 vial, 120 uL|
|Concentrated HRP Conjugate (100X)||1 vial, 120 uL||-20'C(shading light), 6 months|
|Reference Standard & Sample Diluent||1 vial, 20 mL||4'C, 6 months|
|Biotinylated Detection Ab Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|HRP Conjugate Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|Concentrated Wash Buffer (25X)||1 vial, 30 mL|
|Substrate Reagent||1 vial, 10 mL||4'C(shading light)|
|Stop Solution||1 vial, 10 mL||4'C|
|Plate Sealer||5 pieces|
|Product Description||1 copy|
|Certificate of Analysis||1 copy|
Rat PKCZ (Protein Kinase C Zeta) ELISA Kit (RTES00681) Assay procedure
- 1. Set standard, test sample and control (zero) wells on the pre-coated plate and record theirpositions. It is recommended to measure each standard and sample in duplicate. Note: addall solutions to the bottom of the plate wells while avoiding contact with the well walls. Ensuresolutions do not foam when adding to the wells.
- 2. Aliquot 100µl of standard solutions into the standard wells.
- 3. Add 100µl of Sample / Standard dilution buffer into the control (zero) well.
- 4. Add 100µl of properly diluted sample (serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and otherbiological fluids) into test sample wells.
- 5. Cover the plate with the sealer provided in the kit and incubate for 90 min at 37°C.
- 6. Aspirate the liquid from each well, do not wash. Immediately add 100µL of BiotinylatedDetection Ab working solution to each well. Cover the plate with a plate seal and gently mix.Incubate for 1 hour at 37°C.
- 7. Aspirate or decant the solution from the plate and add 350µL of wash buffer to each welland incubate for 1-2 minutes at room temperature. Aspirate the solution from each well andclap the plate on absorbent filter paper to dry. Repeat this process 3 times. Note: a microplatewasher can be used in this step and other wash steps.
- 8. Add 100µL of HRP Conjugate working solution to each well. Cover with a plate seal andincubate for 30 min at 37°C.
- 9. Aspirate or decant the solution from each well. Repeat the wash process for five times asconducted in step 7.
- 10. Add 90µL of Substrate Reagent to each well. Cover with a new plate seal and incubate forapproximately 15 min at 37°C. Protect the plate from light. Note: the reaction time can beshortened or extended according to the actual color change, but not by more than 30min.
- 11. Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Note: Adding the stop solution should be done inthe same order as the substrate solution.
- 12. Determine the optical density (OD value) of each well immediately with a microplate readerset at 450 nm.
Rat PKCZ (Protein Kinase C Zeta) ELISA Kit (RTES00681) Protein Information
|UniProt Protein Function:||Calcium- and diacylglycerol-independent serine/threonine-protein kinase that functions in phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) pathway and mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase cascade, and is involved in NF-kappa-B activation, mitogenic signaling, cell proliferation, cell polarity, inflammatory response and maintenance of long-term potentiation (LTP). Upon lipopolysaccharide (LPS) treatment in macrophages, or following mitogenic stimuli, functions downstream of PI3K to activate MAP2K1/MEK1-MAPK1/ERK2 signaling cascade independently of RAF1 activation. Required for insulin-dependent activation of AKT3, but may function as an adapter rather than a direct activator. Upon insulin treatment may act as a downstream effector of PI3K and contribute to the activation of translocation of the glucose transporter SLC2A4/GLUT4 and subsequent glucose transport in adipocytes. In EGF-induced cells, binds and activates MAP2K5/MEK5-MAPK7/ERK5 independently of its kinase activity and can activate JUN promoter through MEF2C. Through binding with SQSTM1/p62, functions in interleukin-1 signaling and activation of NF-kappa-B with the specific adapters RIPK1 and TRAF6. Participates in TNF-dependent transactivation of NF-kappa-B by phosphorylating and activating IKBKB kinase, which in turn leads to the degradation of NF-kappa-B inhibitors. In migrating astrocytes, forms a cytoplasmic complex with PARD6A and is recruited by CDC42 to function in the establishment of cell polarity along with the microtubule motor and dynein. In association with FEZ1, stimulates neuronal differentiation in PC12 cells. In the inflammatory response, is required for the T-helper 2 (Th2) differentiation process, including interleukin production, efficient activation of JAK1 and the subsequent phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of STAT6. May be involved in development of allergic airway inflammation (asthma), a process dependent on Th2 immune response. In the NF-kappa-B-mediated inflammatory response, can relieve SETD6-dependent repression of NF-kappa-B target genes by phosphorylating the RELA subunit at 'Ser-311'. Necessary and sufficient for LTP maintenance in hippocampal CA1 pyramidal cells. In vein endothelial cells treated with the oxidant peroxynitrite, phosphorylates STK11 leading to nuclear export of STK11, subsequent inhibition of PI3K/Akt signaling, and increased apoptosis. Phosphorylates VAMP2 in vitro.|
|NCBI Summary:||may play an important role in insulin resistance in skeletal muscle and adipose tissue; mediates matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) expression in glioma cells, key process in tumor invasion, through NF-kappaB [RGD, Feb 2006]|
|NCBI GenInfo Identifier:||11968080|
|NCBI Gene ID:||25522|
|UniProt Related Accession:||P09217|
|Molecular Weight:||67,733 Da|
|NCBI Full Name:||protein kinase C zeta type|
|NCBI Synonym Full Names:||protein kinase C, zeta|
|NCBI Official Symbol:||Prkcz|
|NCBI Official Synonym Symbols:||Pkcz; r14-3-3; 14-3-3-zetaisoform|
|NCBI Protein Information:||protein kinase C zeta type|
|UniProt Protein Name:||Protein kinase C zeta type|
|UniProt Synonym Protein Names:||nPKC-zeta|
|UniProt Gene Name:||Prkcz|