Rat SCD (Stearoyl Coenzyme A Desaturase) CLIA Kit (RTES00108)
- Product type:
- ELISA Kit
- ELISA Type:
|Detection range:||31.25-2000 pg/mL|
|Sample type:||Serum, plasma and other biological fluids|
|Repeatability:||CV < 15%|
|Specificity:||This kit recognizes Rat SCD in samples. No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Rat SCD and analogues was observed.|
This kit uses Sandwich-CLIA as the method. The micro CLIA plate provided in this kit has been pre-coated with an antibody specific to Rat SCD. Standards or samples are added to the appropriate micro CLIA plate wells and combined with the specific antibody. Then a biotinylated detection antibody specific for Rat SCD and Avidin-Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP) conjugate are added to each micro plate well successively and incubated. Free components are washed away. The substrate solution is added to each well. Only those wells that contain Rat SCD, biotinylated detection antibody and Avidin-HRP conjugate will appear fluorescence. The Relative light unit (RLU) value is measured spectrophotometrically by the Chemiluminescence immunoassay analyzer. The RLU value is positively associated with the concentration of Rat SCD. The concentration of Rat SCD in the samples can be calculated by comparing the RLU of the samples to the standard curve.
|UniProt Protein Function:||Stearyl-CoA desaturase that utilizes O2 and electrons from reduced cytochrome b5 to introduce the first double bond into saturated fatty acyl-CoA substrates (PubMed:2892838, PubMed:7947684). Catalyzes the insertion of a cis double bond at the delta-9 position into fatty acyl-CoA substrates including palmitoyl-CoA and stearoyl-CoA (PubMed:2892838, PubMed:7947684). Gives rise to a mixture of 16:1 and 18:1 unsaturated fatty acids. Plays an important role in lipid biosynthesis. Plays an important role in regulating the expression of genes that are involved in lipogenesis and in regulating mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation. Plays an important role in body energy homeostasis. Contributes to the biosynthesis of membrane phospholipids, cholesterol esters and triglycerides (PubMed:7947684). Required for normal development of sebaceous glands. Required for the biosynthesis of normal levels of delta-9 unsaturated fatty acids and 1-alkyl-2,3-diacylglycerol in the Harderian gland. Required for normal production of meibum, an oily material that prevents drying of the cornea.|
|NCBI Summary:||enzyme involved in the synthesis and regulation of unsaturated fatty acids [RGD, Feb 2006]|
|NCBI GenInfo Identifier:||148747464|
|NCBI Gene ID:||246074|
|NCBI Accession:||NP_631931. 2|
|UniProt Secondary Accession:||P07308,Q8JZL5,|
|UniProt Related Accession:||P07308|
|Molecular Weight:||41,467 Da|
|NCBI Full Name:||acyl-CoA desaturase 1|
|NCBI Synonym Full Names:||stearoyl-CoA desaturase|
|NCBI Official Symbol:||Scd|
|NCBI Official Synonym Symbols:||Scd1|
|NCBI Protein Information:||acyl-CoA desaturase 1|
|UniProt Protein Name:||Acyl-CoA desaturase 1|
|UniProt Synonym Protein Names:||Delta(9)-desaturase 1|
|Protein Family:||Acyl-CoA desaturase|
|UniProt Gene Name:||Scd1|
As the RLU values of the standard curve may vary according to the conditions of the actual assay performance (e. g. operator, pipetting technique, washing technique or temperature effects), the operator should establish a standard curve for each test. Typical standard curve and data is provided below for reference only.
Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Rat SCD were tested 20 times on one plate, respectively.
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Rat SCD were tested on 3 different plates, 20 replicates in each plate.
|Intra-assay Precision||Inter-assay Precision|
|C V (%)||12.47||9.49||8.43||9.13||9.08||8.62|
The recovery of Rat SCD spiked at three different levels in samples throughout the range of the assay was evaluated in various matrices.
|Sample Type||Range (%)||Average Recovery (%)|
|EDTA plasma (n=5)||95-111||102|
|Cell culture media (n=5)||88-103||95|
Samples were spiked with high concentrations of Rat SCD and diluted with Reference Standard & Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the range of the assay.
|Serum (n=5)||EDTA plasma (n=5)||Cell culture media (n=5)|
An unopened kit can be stored at 4°C for 1 month. If the kit is not used within 1 month, store the items separately according to the following conditions once the kit is received.
|Micro CLIA Plate(Dismountable)||8 wells ×12 strips||-20°C, 6 months|
|Reference Standard||2 vials|
|Concentrated Biotinylated Detection Ab (100×)||1 vial, 120 µL|
|Concentrated HRP Conjugate (100×)||1 vial, 120 µL||-20°C(shading light), 6 months|
|Reference Standard & Sample Diluent||1 vial, 20 mL||4°C, 6 months|
|Biotinylated Detection Ab Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|HRP Conjugate Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|Concentrated Wash Buffer (25×)||1 vial, 30 mL|
|Substrate Reagent A||1 vial, 5 mL||4°C (shading light)|
|Substrate Reagent B||1 vial, 5 mL||4°C (shading light)|
|Plate Sealer||5 pieces|
|Product Description||1 copy|
|Certificate of Analysis||1 copy|
- Set standard, test sample and control (zero) wells on the pre-coated plate and record theirpositions. It is recommended to measure each standard and sample in duplicate. Note: addall solutions to the bottom of the plate wells while avoiding contact with the well walls. Ensuresolutions do not foam when adding to the wells.
- Aliquot 100µl of standard solutions into the standard wells.
- Add 100µl of Sample / Standard dilution buffer into the control (zero) well.
- Add 100µl of properly diluted sample (serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and otherbiological fluids. ) into test sample wells.
- Cover the plate with the sealer provided in the kit and incubate for 90 min at 37°C.
- Aspirate the liquid from each well, do not wash. Immediately add 100µL of BiotinylatedDetection Ab working solution to each well. Cover the plate with a plate seal and gently mix. Incubate for 1 hour at 37°C.
- Aspirate or decant the solution from the plate and add 350µL of wash buffer to each welland incubate for 1-2 minutes at room temperature. Aspirate the solution from each well andclap the plate on absorbent filter paper to dry. Repeat this process 3 times. Note: a microplatewasher can be used in this step and other wash steps.
- Add 100µL of HRP Conjugate working solution to each well. Cover with a plate seal andincubate for 30 min at 37°C.
- Aspirate or decant the solution from each well. Repeat the wash process for five times asconducted in step 7.
- Add 100µL of Substrate mixture solution to each well. Cover with a new plate seal andincubate for no more than 5 min at 37°C. Protect the plate from light.
- Determine the RLU value of each well immediately.