Ethanol Test Kit (Colorimetric) (BA0085)
- Product Type:
- Detection Method:
- Microplate Reader
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Urine, Saliva
- Research Area:
- Oxidative Stress
- Reactive Oxygen Species
- Food Safety & Analysis
- Plant & Environmental Stress
Frequently bought together:
Ethanol Assay Kit - InformationEthanol assay kit (colorimetric) is based on alcohol dehydrogenase catalyzed oxidation of ethanol, in which the formed NADH is coupled to the formazan (MTT) chromogen. The intensity of the product color, measured at 565 nm, is proportionate to the ethanol concentration in the sample
ApplicationsFor quantitative determination of ethanol and evaluation of drug effects on alcohol metabolism.
Ethanol Assay Kit -Key Features
- Sensitive and accurate. Detection limit 0.0008 vol % (140 or 8 ppm), linearity up to 0.1% ethanol in 96-well plate assay.
- Convenient. The procedure involves adding working reagent, incubating for 30 min and stopping reaction. No 37°C heater is needed.
- High-throughput. Can be readily automated as a high-throughput 96-well plate assay for thousands of samples per day.
Ethanol Assay Kit - Data Sheet
|Kit Includes||Assay Buffer: 10 mL Enzyme A: Lyophilized NAD Solution: 1 mL Enzyme B: 120 mL MTT Solution: 1.5 mL Enzyme Buffer: 150 mL Standard: 1.5 mL 1% Ethanol Stop Reagent: 12 mL|
|Kit Requires||Pipeting (multi-channel) devices. Clear flat-bottom 96-well plates and plate reader.|
|Method of Detection||OD565nm (Enzymatic)|
|Samples||Serum, plasma, urine, saliva samples etc|
|Protocol Length||30 min|
|Storage||Store all reagents at -20°C|
|Shelf Life||6 months|