Malachite Green Assay (BA0164)
Malachite Green Assay
The Malachite Green Assay Kit is based on quantification of the green complex formed between Malachite Green, molybdate and free orthophosphate. The rapid color formation from the reaction can be conveniently measured on a spectrophotometer (600 - 660 nm) or on a plate reader. The non-radioactive colorimetric assay kits have been optimized to offer superior sensitivity and prolonged shelf life. The assay is simple and fast, involving a single addition step for phosphate determination. Assays can be executed in tubes, cuvettes or multi-well plates. The assays can be conveniently performed in 96- and 384-well plates for high-throughput screening of enzyme inhibitors.
ApplicationFor sensitive and high-throughput phosphate determination.
Malachite Green Assay - Key Features
- Reagent very stable. Due to our innovative formulation, no precipitation of reagent occurs. Therefore no filtration of reagent is needed prior to assays, as is often required with other commercial kits.
- High sensitivity and wide detection range: detection of as little of 1.6 pmoles of phosphate and useful range between 0.02 uM and 40 uM phosphate.
- Fast and convenient: homogeneous "mix-and-measure" assay allows quantitation of free phosphate within 20 minutes.
- Compatible with routine laboratory and HTS formats: assays can be performed in tubes, cuvettes or microplates, on spectrophotometers and plate readers.
- Robust and amenable to HTS: Z' factors of 0.7 to 0.9 are observed in 96-well and 384-well plates. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems.
Malachite Green Assay Information
|Method of Detection:||OD620nm (malachite green)|
|Detection Limit:||0.02 uM|
|Samples:||Biological, environment etc|
|Shelf Life:||12 months|