Chloride Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (BA0033)
- Product Type:
- Detection Method:
- Microplate Reader
- Sample Type:
- Biological, Food, Environment
- Research Area:
- Food Safety & Analysis
- Plant & Environmental Stress
- Clinical Chemistry
Frequently bought together:
Chloride Assay Kit - InformationAssay Genie's chloride assay kit is designed to measure chloride directly in biological samples without any pretreatment. This Chloride Assay kit based on the improved Fried method utilizes mercuric 2,4,6-tripyridyl-s-triazine, which forms a colored complex specifically with chloride. The intensity of the color for this chloride assay is measured at 610nm. This is directly proportional to the chloride concentration in the sample. The optimized formulation substantially reduces interference by substances in the raw samples.
ApplicationsFor quantitative determination of chloride ion and evaluation of drug effects on chloride metabolism.
Chloride Assay Kit - Key Features
- Sensitive and accurate. Use as little as 5 samples. Linear detection range 0.7 mg/dL (0.2 mM) to 35 mg/dL (10 mM) Cl- in 96-well plate assay.
- Simple and high-throughput. The procedure involves addition of a single working reagent and incubation for 5 min. Can be readily automated as a high-throughput assay for thousands of samples per day.
- Improved reagent stability and versatility. The optimized formulation has greatly enhanced reagent and signal stability. Cuvet or 96-well plate assay.
- Low interference in biological samples. No pretreatments are needed. Assays can be directly performed on raw biological samples i.e., in the presence of lipid, protein and minerals such as magnesium, iron and zinc.
Chloride Assay Kit - Data Sheet
|Kit Includes||Reagent: 50 mL Chloride standard: 1 mL 35 mg/dL Cl-|
|Kit Requires||Pipeting devices and accessories, clear flat-bottom 96-well plates and plate reader, or spectrophotometer and cuvets.|
|Method of Detection||OD610nm|
|Detection Limit||0.7 mg/dL (0.2 mM)|
|Samples||Biological, food and environment|
|Protocol Length||5 min|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Storage||Store Reagent and Standard at 4°C|