Rat SF1 (Steroidogenic Factor 1) ELISA Kit
This ELISA kit uses Sandwich-ELISA as the method. The micro ELISA plate provided in this kit has been pre-coated with an antibody specific to Rat SF1 . Standards or samples are added to the appropriate micro ELISA plate wells and combined with the specific antibody. Then a biotinylated detection antibody specific for Rat SF1 and Avidin-Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP) conjugate are added to each micro plate well successively and incubated. Free components are washed away. The substrate solution is added to each well. Only those wells that contain Rat SF1, biotinylated detection antibody and Avidin-HRP conjugate will appear blue in color. The enzyme-substrate reaction is terminated by adding Stop Solution and the color turns yellow. The optical density (OD) is measured spectrophotometrically at a wavelength of 450 nm ± 2 nm. The OD value is proportional to the concentration of Rat SF1. The concentration of Rat SF1 in samples can be calculated by comparing the OD of the samples to the standard curve.
|Detection Range||31.25-2000 pg/mL|
|Sample Volume Required Per Well||100uL|
|Sample Type||Serum, plasma and other biological fluids|
This kit recognizes Rat SF1 in samples. No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Rat SF1 and analogues was observed.
As the OD values of the standard curve may vary according to the conditions of the actual assay performance (e.g. operator, pipetting technique, washing technique or temperature effects), the operator should establish a standard curve for each test. Typical standard curve and data is provided below for reference only.
Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Rat SF1 were tested 20 times on one plate, respectively.
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): 3 samples with low, mid range and high level Rat SF1 were tested on 3 different plates, 20 replicates in each plate.
|Intra-assay Precision||Inter-assay Precision|
|C V (%)||6.50||5.21||3.17||6.50||5.39||5.06|
The recovery of Rat SF1 spiked at three different levels in samples throughout the range of the assay was evaluated in various matrices.
|Sample Type||Range (%)||Average Recovery (%)|
|EDTA plasma (n=5)||88-98||93|
|Cell culture media (n=5)||95-111||102|
Samples were spiked with high concentrations of Rat SF1 and diluted with Reference Standard & Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the range of the assay.
|Serum (n=5)||EDTA plasma (n=5)||Cell culture media (n=5)|
Kit Components & Storage
An unopened kit can be stored at 4'C for 1 month. If the kit is not used within 1 month, store the items separately according to the following conditions once the kit is received.
|Micro ELISA Plate(Dismountable)||8 wells X12 strips||-20'C, 6 months|
|Reference Standard||2 vials|
|Concentrated Biotinylated Detection Ab (100X)||1 vial, 120 uL|
|Concentrated HRP Conjugate (100X)||1 vial, 120 uL||-20'C(shading light), 6 months|
|Reference Standard & Sample Diluent||1 vial, 20 mL||4'C, 6 months|
|Biotinylated Detection Ab Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|HRP Conjugate Diluent||1 vial, 14 mL|
|Concentrated Wash Buffer (25X)||1 vial, 30 mL|
|Substrate Reagent||1 vial, 10 mL||4'C(shading light)|
|Stop Solution||1 vial, 10 mL||4'C|
|Plate Sealer||5 pieces|
|Product Description||1 copy|
|Certificate of Analysis||1 copy|
Rat SF1 (Steroidogenic Factor 1) ELISA Kit (RTES00763) Assay procedure
- 1. Set standard, test sample and control (zero) wells on the pre-coated plate and record theirpositions. It is recommended to measure each standard and sample in duplicate. Note: addall solutions to the bottom of the plate wells while avoiding contact with the well walls. Ensuresolutions do not foam when adding to the wells.
- 2. Aliquot 100µl of standard solutions into the standard wells.
- 3. Add 100µl of Sample / Standard dilution buffer into the control (zero) well.
- 4. Add 100µl of properly diluted sample (serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and otherbiological fluids) into test sample wells.
- 5. Cover the plate with the sealer provided in the kit and incubate for 90 min at 37°C.
- 6. Aspirate the liquid from each well, do not wash. Immediately add 100µL of BiotinylatedDetection Ab working solution to each well. Cover the plate with a plate seal and gently mix.Incubate for 1 hour at 37°C.
- 7. Aspirate or decant the solution from the plate and add 350µL of wash buffer to each welland incubate for 1-2 minutes at room temperature. Aspirate the solution from each well andclap the plate on absorbent filter paper to dry. Repeat this process 3 times. Note: a microplatewasher can be used in this step and other wash steps.
- 8. Add 100µL of HRP Conjugate working solution to each well. Cover with a plate seal andincubate for 30 min at 37°C.
- 9. Aspirate or decant the solution from each well. Repeat the wash process for five times asconducted in step 7.
- 10. Add 90µL of Substrate Reagent to each well. Cover with a new plate seal and incubate forapproximately 15 min at 37°C. Protect the plate from light. Note: the reaction time can beshortened or extended according to the actual color change, but not by more than 30min.
- 11. Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Note: Adding the stop solution should be done inthe same order as the substrate solution.
- 12. Determine the optical density (OD value) of each well immediately with a microplate readerset at 450 nm.
Rat SF1 (Steroidogenic Factor 1) ELISA Kit (RTES00763) Protein Information
|UniProt Protein Function:||Transcriptional activator. Seems to be essential for sexual differentiation and formation of the primary steroidogenic tissues. Binds to the Ad4 site found in the promoter region of steroidogenic P450 genes such as CYP11A, CYP11B and CYP21B. Also regulates the AMH/Muellerian inhibiting substance gene as well as the AHCH and STAR genes. 5'-YCAAGGYC-3' and 5'-RRAGGTCA-3' are the consensus sequences for the recognition by NR5A1. The SFPQ-NONO-NR5A1 complex binds to the CYP17 promoter and regulates basal and cAMP-dependent transcriptional activity. Binds phosphatidylcholine and phospholipids with a phosphatidylinositol (PI) headgroup, in particular PI(3,4)P2 and PI(3,4,5)P3. Activated by the phosphorylation of NR5A1 by HIPK3 leading to increased steroidogenic gene expression upon cAMP signaling pathway stimulation.|
|NCBI Summary:||transcription factor; essential for adrenal and gonadal development [RGD, Feb 2006]|
|NCBI GenInfo Identifier:||300797824|
|NCBI Gene ID:||83826|
|UniProt Related Accession:||P50569|
|Molecular Weight:||52,087 Da|
|NCBI Full Name:||steroidogenic factor 1|
|NCBI Synonym Full Names:||nuclear receptor subfamily 5, group A, member 1|
|NCBI Official Symbol:||Nr5a1|
|NCBI Official Synonym Symbols:||Sf-1; Ad4bp; Ftzf1; Ad4BP/SF-1|
|NCBI Protein Information:||steroidogenic factor 1|
|UniProt Protein Name:||Steroidogenic factor 1|
|UniProt Synonym Protein Names:||Adrenal 4-binding protein; Fushi tarazu factor homolog 1; Nuclear receptor subfamily 5 group A member 1; Steroid hormone receptor Ad4BP|
|Protein Family:||Steroidogenic factor|
|UniProt Gene Name:||Nr5a1|